December 14, 2011

rollin'

Yesterday my internet connection was still being ridiculous.  Today it's behaving--so far--so let me catch you up to speed.  Hubby and I enjoyed a leisurely morning, getting up later than usual to feast on scrambled eggs, bacon, and homemade bread.  Then I decided to spend the rest of the morning in the kitchen.  I made several things, but the one I'm sharing today is Cinnamon Sticky Buns.  Ohhhh, yeah.

It's a multi-step, and therefore time-consuming, recipe, but worth every moment.
1. Twice-risen dough, please meet cinnamon brown sugar.
2. The sugar looks dark because it's soaking up the melted butter brushed all over the rolled-out dough.
3. Finally, slices from the rolled-up dough go on top of the caramely topping in a baking dish.  They sleep in the fridge til breakfast.  I'll try to photograph a baked one before devouring them all, but I make no promises. 

I got the recipe here two Christmases ago, when two families pitied our holiday-orphan state and insisted we share a meal with them that day.  We had lunch with one family and dinner with the other, and brought cinnamon rolls to both.  They were a big hit so I've been making them ever since.  Today I had no nuts in the house so these are plain ol' sticky buns.  I think they'll pass muster.  Something about all that sugar and butter gives me confidence in them.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

so so yummy.

love you friend.