September 6, 2011

project frenzy!

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend.  What did you do?  Relax with family?  Grill something tasty?  Tackle a "honey-do" list?

Never in my life have I looked at Labor Day the way I understand many Americans do: as a day to work, work, work on all the "life" projects that regular work can get in the way of.  But this year it was different.  Two weeks ahead, I started listing all I hoped to accomplish over the long weekend.  Today I'll introduce you to a few of my makeover candidates.  Later, as time allows, I'll reveal which ones I actually managed to complete!  Without further ado, here are the projects that competed for attention over the long weekend:

This Little Light of Mine: With plenty of neutrals in the room, I'm eager to add some interest with a new, probably homemade, cover for this lampshade.

Goldilocks and the Three Chairs: These chairs are cute in that they're pint-sized, but not so cute in that their color palette includes teal and hot pink.

Canvassing the Neighborhood: A throwback from the Bathroom of Doom, this canvas had languished purposelessly in a closet for far too long.  What could be its next mission in life?

Note to Shelf: This shelf is highly functional.  Time it became easy on the eyes too, methinks.

Over My Head: As I mentioned in a previous post, one of my plans in our new place is to avoid letting the bedroom slip through the cracks--metaphorically speaking.  (Though I don't want it to slip through the cracks literally speaking either!)  Anyway, a canopy over the bed would be a fairy-tale touch, don't you agree?

Tray-ding Spaces: Okay, lamest pun ever...I'm sorry!  I want to cover this clashy pattern with something subtler that matches the living room.
What project do you think I accomplished?  A couple hints that may or may not be helpful:
-One of the above photos is a "before" that led straight to a face-lift.  But which one?  There's a bit of solid evidence and a bit of a red herring.
-The last project I attempted became incredibly frustrating--probably because at the outset I was expecting it to be easy.  Thankfully I had the help of my good friend Shelli, who spent the entire weekend DIY-ing and shopping with me.  (Did we ever score at the thrift stores!  More on that soon.)

Did you complete any long-anticipated projects this weekend?  Please tell me everything!

No comments: